Please click on a topic to view questions.
  • How often do you process refunds?
    Refunds are processed daily during registration periods and normally each Tuesday and Thursday during the remainder of the semester. Students having refunds processed during Fall & Spring registration periods should expect to see their refund by the last day of regular registration.
  • How can I determine if my refund has been processed?
    Please review your student account online at Select the "Account Balance" link under the "Finances" tab. click on the "Term Summary" tab to choose the appropriate semester. Choose "Account Detail." You will see an itemized list of your charges and payments. A refund will show as "Refund Processed" at the bottom of the page. Please remember that during the first disbursements of a semester, the refund process may take several days to complete. Students having refunds processed during Fall & Spring registration periods should expect to see their refund by the last day of regular registration.
  • My aid is on my account summary, why hasn't my refund processed?
    A refund can only be processed if the aid has disbursed and moved from the anticipated aid category to financial aid category. Student Accounting typically processes refunds on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However that schedule can change based on the time of the semester. For example, when financial aid disburses in mass at the beginning of each semester Student Accounting processes refunds more frequently. If you feel that a refund should process to your account please check your for "to do" items, holds or messages. You may also visit or call financial aid at 940-565-2302 or Student Accounting at 940-565-3225 for additional assistance.
  • Where do I go to turn in my Texas Tomorrow card or letter?
    All Texas Tomorrow Fund information should be submitted to the Student Accounting department on the Denton Campus, located in room 105 of the Eagle Student Service Center. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. The information can also be faxed to us at 940-565-3877.
  • How do I use the Valedictorian Exemption I received?
    Students should bring the Exemption certificate to Student Accounting located in Room 105 of the Eagle Student Services Center at the Denton campus. The exemption must be used for the first regular session (Fall/Spring) immediately following graduation from high school.
  • What do I do if I lose my UNT ID card?
    Contact the ID Systems office immediately at (business hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm) and your card will be deactivated. Come to the ID Systems office in the Eagle Student Services Center Room 105 to get a new card. There is a $10 charge for replacement cards.
  • When are loans, grants and scholarships posted to my account?
    The Financial Aid department processes all loans, grants and scholarships. Once the loans, grants or scholarships are approved and funded (eg: student loans are received from the bank/lender), any anticipated aid is removed from your account and the Student Accounting department posts the amounts to your student account. The posting of loans, grants and scholarships is normally done each morning. You can view your account summary at to determine if any financial aid has been posted to your account.
  • Why is my financial aid loan posted on my account less than the amount I accepted?
    Some student loans require you to pay an origination fee that is normally based on the amount of your loan. Information regarding the origination fees should be found in the loan documentation from the lender that you signed.
  • What do I do if I have questions about my 1098T?
    For a question about your 1098T please call Student Accounting at 940-565-3225. Your information will be taken and forwarded to the appropriate personnel. All questions will be answered within 48 hours except during a peak period.
  • How do I get a 1098-T IRS tax form
    To print your current 1098-T or obtain a reprint of a 1098-T tax form for a previous calendar year, please log on to Click on "Student Account" then click on the "Account Services" tab. Select the 1098-T tax form tab. Click on the desired 1098-T Tax Year and your 1098-T will be viewable and printable. NOTE: If you use a pop up blocker, you will have to disable it to display your 1098-T.
  • Why did I receive a notice about a "set-aside" amount taken out of my tuition?
    To comply with Senate Bill 1304, passed by the 81st Texas Legislature, the University of North Texas is required to report to each student the amount of tuition paid by the student that must be set aside by law to provide financial assistance to qualified students. Students will receive an email notification during each semester notifying them of the exact amount of tuition set aside.