Short-term Loans are now available in myUNT for the 3W1, 8W1, SUM, 5W1, 10W, 8W2 and 5W2 sessions. You can find more information at

Student Financial Services has temporarily suspended in-person services. We encourage students to utilize virtual options when seeking assistance. You can reach our office by email, online chat, or phone.
Please visit for up-to-date information on UNT’s response to the coronavirus.  The following hotline (844-366-5892) is open M-F, 8am - 8pm, to answer questions and concerns surrounding COVID-19.

Form 1098-T for tax year 2019 will be available by January 31, 2020.

 IRS Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement

What is it?

Eligible educational institutions file this form for each student they enroll and for whom a reportable transaction is made.

How do I get it?

Form 1098-T for current and prior year tax returns are available to students on myUNT.

  1. Log on to using your EUID and password.
  2. Click on "Student Account"
  3. Click on the "Account Services" tab
  4. Click on the "1098-T Tax Form" tab
  5. Click on the desired 1098-T tax year to view and print

If you have any questions regarding specific amounts found on the form, please contact

To revoke your consent to receive an electronic copy of your 1098-T and receive a paper copy, please complete the Request to Opt-Out of 1098-T Electronic Delivery form.

Frequently Asked Questions

Please click here.

IRS Form W-9S, Request for Student's or Borrower's Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

What is it?

This form allows students to provide their correct taxpayer identification number to an educational institution or to a lender of a student loan. It can also certify the use of the funds for qualified higher education expenses.

How do I get it?

Fill out the eForm.

Additional Tax Information for Non-Resident Alien Students 

Tax on scholarships is charged to Non-Resident Alien students.  If the scholarship total, including fellowships and grants, is more than the qualified tuition and fees a 14% tax is charged on the difference (non-qualified amount).  If a student’s qualified tuition and fees is more than the scholarship total then no tax is assessed.  More information for Non-Resident aliens can be found in IRS Publications 515  and 519